Mid-Week Post
Stayed up till 2am yesterday hammering out my thoughts on whether God wants us to be rich, and fell asleep in class this morning. As you can see I have difficulty sorting out my priorities. But then again child psychiatry isn't really the most thrilling subject either. We did manage to watch a couple of videos from supernanny so that was good. Though I've still got no idea why people voluntarily go on the show knowing full well the country is going to find out what bad parents they were. I talked to my housemate and we agreed it was a sensitive subject. But then I thought somemore and realized... well... maybe these people love their kids so much they don't care what people think of them (or their parenting skills). All they care about is how to bring up their kids so they will be good people. I love my parents :))
I was doing my devotion this morning and came upon this passage that talked about sheeps. And so it said that sheeps need restoration because they have a tendency to stray and wander. They can be very stubborn and strong-willed, and can roam off the trail that the shepherd had marked out for them. When that happens, the shepherd must restore them to the right path. And when a sheep does manage to wander, it is in tremendous danger. But the sheep (being a sheep.....), don't realize how much danger is out there. A wild beast can suddenly turn a sheep into a meal. Or if it wanders a few steps off the trail and continue trudging along, it might soon find itself on a precarious rocky ledge.
Honestly, I can't recall how often I've strayed off the straight and narrow, putting myself in jeopardy without even realizing it. The number of times I've decided to go my own way instead of following Jesus, and became conscious right next moment how complicated and difficult life can get. And then I turn my eyes back to the captain - which I can do because the captain first came looking for me - and I realize that while I'm on God's path, there isn't really anywhere else I would rather be. Because right there is the safest place in the whole world.
Matthew 7:13-14
''Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few''.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home