Phone hazard
Somebody related this incident to me this morning. It happened while he was on holiday with his family, and he was surprisingly upbeat throughout the entire conservation, considering that at the end of the story his sim card had been undermined and he had had to get a new one.
Batchmate : (Nudge nudge) Eii yeah I have something to tell you.
Me : (Look at him expectedly)
Batchmatte : Please remember not to call me the whole of today or tomorrow.
Me : (Waiting for him to finish sentence)
Batchmate : ........
Me : (What did I do to offend/ insult him ???) Urm... ok.... why..... ar ?
Batchmate : Because my sim card has spoilt.... have to go carrefour afterwards to buy a new one.
Me : Oh..... (very reliefed !!) urm.. what happened to your sim card… ?
Batchmate : Aiyoh (shake head), the other day lar while I was on holiday....
It was around afternoon that day when it happened. He was in the midst of some kayaking when suddenly somebody decided to make a phone call.
Me : Oh.... you mean in the middle of kayaking ?
Batchmate : No lar.... she wasn’t kayaking.... on the shore watching us only.
Me : Oh.... you mean you didn’t bring your phone along with you ar ?
Batchmate : Of course no lar..... bring the phone for what ? Want to call also cannot.... all water only what everywhere....
Me : (Nod head)
Batchmate : So anyway she took the phone and turn it on, want to call someone then she saw got pin number, cause I got put pin no. on my phone. Since she don’t know what’s the number right, and got three tries, she simply key in something but wrong. Then she turn the phone off, then turn it on again.
Me : Aiyah actually you go kayaking leave your phone on the beach also no need to switch off what. Switch off for what.... ?
Batchmate : ......... I didn’t switch off my phone ler.... (accusing look whether or not I was listening to his story)
Me : (Protesting) But you said she switch on the phone when she wanted to use..??
Batchmate : Ya.. but not me who switch off. I leave it on. She switch it off then want to switch on again.
Me : ...... why.... ???
Batchmate : I also dunno.... but anyway when she turn on the phone she saw ei still got the pin number again. So she try again… but still wrong. .. she try three times but all also cannot. Then after all three tries finish came the barcode number... and this one got 10 tries right ?? (Turn to look at another batchmate)
Another batchmate : (Roll eyes) I... don’t... know... I haven’t type my password three times wrong before....
Batchmate : ......... anyway..... since she still want to make the call right, she still continue to try to enter the barcode. After trying for 7-8 times that's when i finish my kayaking and then i came back up.
Me : Eii then good lar !! That time you also can enter your barcode back right ? (beaming)
Batchmate : No. Problem is i also don't know what is my barcode... so i also simply try pressing.. (giggle very loudly) then after few times cannot all the words went off and cannot use anymore.
Me: ...........
Batchmate : ......and now on the phone screen only got this words left... (bring handphone forward to show)
Phone : Simcard rejected


2 Comments:
LOL ! I wonder who this fella is ? No hope liao meh ? Call the service center lah...
4:30 AM
Hehe you guessed it correctly on your first try, that's pretty good :) And just to finish off the story, he got a new phone card and a new number... so in a way the ending wasn't too bad... good for him, i hope nothing like this happens to him again.
5:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home