Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Inconstructive criticism

Today for the unfathomable number of time somebody from our batch took it upon themselves to come judge and to make some judgemental remarks about the way in which I highlight my notes. Normally I do it by running a thin, transparent coloured line through the word I want to mark, sort of like this -I-M-P-O-R-T-A-N-T, but somehow this hasn’t gone down very well with our batchmates. And I must say this really isn’t something new, and among the more memorable scope of tirade that my highlighting has had to endure over the past 4 semesters include:

Batchmate 1 : (While flipping through one of my books ) AIYOH !! (As though she was witnessing the most vile and repulsive act of disfigurement) WHY YOU HIGHLIGHT YOUR BOOK UNTIL SO UGLY ?!?! ...... HAIH ......WANT TO PHOTOCOPY ALSO CANNOT......

Batchmate 2 : (Looking extremely concern) Eii you conteng your notes until like that still can see arr ?? Next time you want to refer back how ??

Batchmate 3 : (Upon replying very graciously that I could borrow one of her coloured pens) So..... going to cancel somemore words off your book ?? (Smirking)

Batchmate 4 : Eii Steven… the words that are cancelled......
Me : ..... errr..... actually...... they’re highlighted...... (Trying to smile)
Batchmate : Ok, the words that are smudged..... are they wrong arr ?

Batchmate 5 : AIYOH..... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR NOTES LAR ?!?! How come like that already one.
Me : (Shocked + straining to see my notes are like what ?)
Batchmate : (Not giving chance to look) You want to borrow mine to photocopy or not ?? I think you better lar..... if not exam coming also you cannot study... (Shuff notes into my hand)
Me :.......

Sigh..... and actually these can even be considered among the more milder form of defamation that my highlighting has been subjected to. And I’m not even sure if this is a coincidence.... but now that I think back about it.... my handwriting seem to have gone through an almost similar heritage. Only difference is, for my method of inscribtion, deprecciation started way back in primary school.

3 Comments:

Blogger MissCow said...

Ya... you have a very **unique** way of studying.

12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, hehe...never noticed anything different to your highlighting actually, but putting a line is not so bad wat...think I do that too...hehe..anyway, yup, u definitely got a way with notes but guess thats Steven's way and everyone is different and unique I suppose. Although, hehe...did participate in joking about ur handwritting though! hehe...sorry about. Cya!

'Doink' - can guess who ar?

2:22 AM

 
Blogger Stevve15 said...

Erm... my best guess would be yi shiau... even though he did make an eternal oath never to come read my blogs...

Or maybe hui leng or fei yin or david or someone from my college.... other than that i'm not really sure. Not many people call me doink, unless its someone i know really well....

8:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home