Television
Since I was rating boardgames I figured I might as well ride the momentum and move on to rating other things - such as television shows and characters. Even the elders have to admit we get some pretty good stuff on the tube, but these are admittedly few and hard to come by, and most of them are rubbish. So how do we know which of all the programmes we have on television are worth our time and be able to separate them from those which are not? Well... me make up lists (and so to know you have to read somebody else's list).
I'll have to admit this wasn't easy to generate. It took a few days to come up with my Top 15 , and a couple more to narrow it down to 10. Finally I fine-moved and arranged the various shows on their respective positions until I had before me a list which I was satisfied reliably reflected my relative interest in them. Again I will be audacious and call them the best shows in the world, though they're probably not. So without delay, here is the painstakingly put together list of my favourite television shows thus far:
Best Television Shows In The World
1. Friends
2. Survivor
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. The Oprah Winfrey Show
5. Ally Mcbeal
6. American/New Zealand/ Malaysian Idol
7. Prison Break
8. Lost
9. The Amazing Race
10.Desperate Housewives
Notable Shows That Just Missed The Mark:
Gilmore Girls, The Ellen Show, Hi-5
Favourite Television Characters
1. Michael Schofield (Prison Break)
2. Christina Yang (Grey's Anatomy)
3. Ally Mcbeal (Ally Mcbeal)
4. Bree Van De Kempt (Desperate Housewives)
5. Sawyer (Lost)
6. Alex Karev (Grey's Anatomy)
7. Oprah Winfrey (The Oprah Winfrey Show)
8. Monica Geller (Friends)
9. Tweener (Prison Break)
10.Derek Shepherd (Grey's Anatomy)
Notable Characters That Just Missed The Mark:
Isobel (Izzie) Stevens (Grey's Anatomy), Fin (Grey's Anatomy), Joey (Friends)
And in no particular order, television programmes I am planning to watch and in all probability will during my holidays:
1. One Tree Hill
2. The OC
3. Dawson's Creek
4. ? CSI
P.S. Lol I don't know if anybody realized but looking through the list I noticed there's a common theme that runs through most of them. Romance and tragedy. I absolutely adore programmes that make me cry (Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, Ally Mcbeal, American Idol, The Contender, Amazing Race) and those in which love and adoration runs thick (Grey's Anatomy, Ally Mcbeal, Desperate Housewives, Lost, High School Musical). Oh and by the way feel free to recommend programmes you believe I might like based on what I already do like. I don't plan on wasting my holidays doing nothing :))


5 Comments:
OMG!ahahahah (this line sounds familiar? LOL)..ok i must admit, i thought my other friend was really pro with his blog, but now that title belongs to u!! *to be taken as a compliment*
I would also point out one more thing, do u think romance + tradegy = chick shows? ok dun mean to make you sound girly..btw my flatmates happen to be all guys (not by choice) and they happen to have season 1 & 2 of The OC!!! (u may wanna borrow for ur holidays =)
Oh and I give u 2 thumbs up for survivor and amazing race coz i would rank that my top 2 but bonus points scored for mentioning Ally McBeal!!! i think some old shows like Ally rocks..
1:33 AM
Hi Mugs! Nice of you to drop by! I really wouldn't say I'm pro with my blog lol I think lots of people can be pretty good with theirs, but a lot of the time people don't even have blogs. Maybe you should start up one of your own! And then we can link our blogs together :))
Romance + tragedy = chick flicks.. hm.. haven't really looked at it that way before.. I suppose it can be true, though most chick flicks do tend to steer clear of tragedies. But now that you mention it, I believe I cry over joyful scenes just as much as I do over the distressing ones e.g. I was watching Sweet Home Alabama and I felt tears in my eyes when Derek Shepherd proposed in the jewellery shop lol And lines like 'You complete me' in Jerry Mcguire just absolutely makes my heart melt...
3:18 AM
Oh and about the OC I would definitely like to get my hands on them cause I've heard really good things so far (I don't know how it compares to one tree hill though), but I won't be around during the holidays aye.. I'll be in Malaysia and I don't believe I've got enough reasons for your flatmate to trust me with his DVD when I'm that far away. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't your choice lol :)))))
3:23 AM
Hey, StePHen!
Hope you enjoyed the dinner! You are a bit of a girl when it comes to tv-shows, hehe. but that's alright:) I would recommend Six Feet Under -it's an awesome series!
Lea
11:38 PM
Haha dinner was awesome!! I'm utterly devastated you won't be staying with us next year... :(( I can't even begin to think of all the good food I'll be missing out on. Please don't go back to Norway....
Anyway about Six Food Under, I have heard good things about it aye. Its got a morbid theme though.. about cemetery people.. they seem really creepy and liable to keep me up at night. But I will give it a shot anyway. We can end up blogging about it! And if I remember correctly I think its on the network...
11:53 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home